I'm a DT memeber at Just a scrappin

Thursday, January 10, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy 2013 to everyone!!! Is it just me or did the hoildays seem to just past so quickly???
I hope that everyone enjoyed their families and loved ones through out all the festivieties that you celebrate. As for us we enjoyed friends and family but with a sad and heavy heart we also said goodbye to my mother-in-law who lost her battle with demintia just a few days before Christmas. We celebrate her life knowing that she is in the Lord's hands and one day we shall see her again.

For this weeks challenge we were to pick an element that we never worked with before for myself I choose paper folding and inking a blank sheet of cardstock.

Using an Ivory colored sheet from my Recollections pack I tried to teach myself via u-tube how to create a paper rose. I also added chalked butterflies from a Martha Stewart punch and placed glitter to add some bling to the bodies. My stamping choice was from the Heidi Grace collection of assorted florals and I also added a few butterfly inkings by Roanda. Using my ink pads in assorted colors I watercolored the images with a blending pen. To finish off my page I added a few gems to the flowers and also two green Prima flowers to the bottom of the rose on the top of my page.

I hope everyone stops by to check out all the other great challenges this week.just-a-scrappin.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow-this is gorgeous! I just love the different elements that composes this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle It was fun doing something outside of the box

    ReplyDelete