I'm a DT memeber at Just a scrappin

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lots of Wings

Happy Thursday... It's another day at just-a-scrappin.com our challenge for the week was to do a garden theme I decided to do change up the challenge and do a fantasy take on the idea. I love fairies and of course butterflies and birds. We have a hummingbird that always comes around the backyard so I took that inspiration and came up with my creation.
   Using my new collection of toys which is distressing paints,ink pads and markers from Tim Holtz and perfect pearls I just stamped and colored and painted.

Using jet black stazon ink I stamped my fairy onto clear vellum and used assorted colors of perfect pearls to fill her in I let it dry completely and then cut her out. I did the same on the butterflies and humming bird and the little birdies but I painted the butterflies with spunsugar and seedless perserves my humming bird and birdies were colored in with assorted colors of disressing markers. I then added a flowering sunflower and a strip of grass.

  I hope everyone has a great week and don't forget to stop by just-a-scrappin-blogspot.com and see what the other girls created. Enjoy the sunshine and maybe spend a few minutes in your garden spot and create something special.

Supplies 8x11 recollections cardstock folded in half in misty blue
               Stamps Inkadinkado Birds and Butterflies/ Beautiful Fairies
               Cloud 9 Stamp Flower collection
               Stampology Autumn Leaves
Clear sheet vellum
Distressing supplies assorted colors
Perfect pearls assorted colors

No comments:

Post a Comment